Building A War Room With Massive Flat Panel Displays Considered

Well, there are many businesses in the United States which start up in an extra room in someone's home, out of their garage, and eventually they grow and take over the whole house until which point they have to actually move into a physical business location. The reason I know this is I've been involved in such things, and to remember starting my own small businesses the same way. I can remember taking over the entire house with maps on the walls (all of the walls in the whole house) of each of our marketing regions. Basically, the house was wallpapered in maps.

When friends would come over to visit they used to ask me; you must like maps? And that's pretty funny considering that there were very few pictures, but there were maps everywhere. Today, you can do the same thing with massive flat panel displays and you'd have all the world's information as well. Today you have things like Google Earth and other tools available.

You can use ERSI software such as ArcView or ArcData with overlays of information, and embedded spreadsheets of names of companies, contacts, and just about anything that you could get from any known Internet vendor which sells data and information. If you read any of the Tom Clancy novels in the Op Center Series, you envision ready rooms and war rooms filled with CIA executives, or Pentagon top brass with large flat panel displays everywhere. Satellite views, information, international media sources, documents, data bases, and perhaps even what you might consider data overload.

Well, interestingly enough you can get all that same stuff for your own business. Today, when I walk into a room of an executive running their own company, I am not very impressed by all the books that they have, rather the number of flat panel displays with information at their fingertips, as that is what impresses me the most. That's not to say I wouldn't be impressed if they had a secondary wing off their office with a research library with actual books, or if they had fold down flat panel displays which covered the bookshelves up as needed.

If you are a power executive, and you are one of the intense folks like myself who is in it to win it, and refuses to take second place to any major competitor then you need to design a war room with massive flat panel displays, and you ought to let your architect and interior designer know up front exactly what you need to do to win, and why it's so important that you can turn your executive office into a war room in under 3 minutes.

Now then, I am not going to blow smoke up your but, I'm not going to stroke your ego, or tell you that I am not impressed with your trophies and certificates on the wall. But I know a winner when I see one, and I know what it takes to win markets. So does anyone who's ever had to fill those shoes, so if your offices aren't designed as I just described, there are folks in the world who know what they know, and they'll know that you don't. Please consider all this and think on it.

Lance Winslow has launched a new provocative series of eBooks on Business Concepts. Lance Winslow is a retired Founder of a Nationwide Franchise Chain, and now runs the Online Think Tank; http://www.worldthinktank.net/


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment